In true form, John Carney has either put party, allegiance to Obama or self above the required service to his constituents in how he votes. In a previous Blue Hen Conservative post, we commented on the coveted Club for Growth scorecard of which Carney failed. He also failed the recent scorecard put out out by the Independence Hall Tea Party Association on votes related to Tea Party principles.
Both scorecards underline a problem with how John Carney views America and how the Democratic Party disconnects with the hard-working middle-class American. Let's look at key votes that highlight a pattern of contempt for the Constitution of the United States of America:
- H.R. 2 - Repeal ObamaCare: Congressman John Carney voted against the repeal of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Despite its benign name, the bill is unconstitutional due to the individual mandate and violation of the Tenth Amendment in how it is applied, Carney voted against the repeal.
- H.CON.RES 35 - Defund ObamaCare: Congressman John Carney voted against the de-funding of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- H.R. 358 - ObamaCare Conscience Exemption: Congressman John Carney voted against the passage of a conscience exemption for religious institutions.
- H.CON.RES 36 - Defund Planned Parenthood: Congressman John Carney voted against the de-funding of Planned Parenthood at the federal level. Planned Parenthood is the largest organization in America that aborts pre-born children.
- H.R. 1076 - Defund National Public Radio (NPR): Congressman John Carney voted against the de-funding of the NPR, in light of its media bias.
- H.R. 2560 - Cut, Cap & Balance: Congressman John Carney voted against the resolution to address federal spending and balancing the federal budget.
- H.R. 1231 - Off-Shore Drilling: Congressman John Carney voted against allowing off-shore drilling and American energy independence.
- H.ADMT 596 to H.R. 2354 - Energy Department Budget Cut: Congressman John Carney voted against cutting the federal budge to the federal Energy Department. The Energy Department does not produce energy and allocating funding for the Energy Department is misguided.
- H.R. 822 - Right-to-Carry Reciprocity: Congressman John Carney voted against the allowing the federal government to recognize right-to-carry permits passed by the respective states. A vote against is a voted against the Second Amendment.
As you can see, Congressman John Carney is no friend of the U.S. Constitution and in his first term has failed to uphold the oath he took to uphold the Constitution when he sworn in. John Carney can no longer be trusted to be a servant to the citizens of the great state of Delaware.
John Carney is up for re-election this November and must be replaced. New Castle County President Tom Kovach is seeking this office and deserves our support. We cannot afford to give John Carney another term to further erode the U.S. Constitution and America' relevance.