Reader offers opinion on Obama presidency
For those who support Obama, you may reconsider after reading the following. Mr. Hope & Change wants to create a nation humbled, humiliated, casting-aside capitalism and individual freedoms for one where we the people are government-controlled. This would be a system that genuflects mediocrity, steals personal aspirations and opportunities, and punishes those who strive to be successful. Should you doubt this, read on.
A gallon of regular gasoline the day BHO was inaugurated was $1.79 on an average. Today, that price has risen to $3.59, a 100.6 percent increase! The number of food stamps recipients has risen since BHO took office, from 31,983,716 to 43,200,878, a 35.1 percent jump. Long-term unemployment has soared 146.2 percent during the same 34-month period, from 2.6 million to 6.4 million.
This is hope and change?
American citizens living in poverty has risen 9.5 percent and the number unemployed has risen almost 25 percent. The number of unemployed blacks has risen from 12.6 percent at the end of George Bush’s terms to 15.8 percent today. Our national debt has been increased from $10.627 trillion to over $15 trillion under BHO. Remember, these figures can be documented, as we recount the number of firsts for this sitting president:
• First president to refuse to show valid birth certificate.
• First president to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
• First president to have a Social Security number from a state he has never lived in.
• First president to preside over a cut to the credit rating of the USA.
• First president to violate the War Powers Act.
• First president to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
• First president to defy a federal judge’s court order to cease implementing the health care reform law.
• First president to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
• First president to spend a trillion dollars on shovel-ready jobs and later admit there was no such thing.
• First president to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
• First president to bypass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive order.
• First president to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the USA, including those with criminal convictions.
• First president to demand a company hand over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
• First president to terminate America’s ability to put a man into space.
• First president to encourage racial discrimination and intimidation at polling stations.
• First president to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
• First president to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
• First president to threaten insurance companies if they publicly speak out on the reasons for their rate increases.
• First president to tell a major manufacturing company in which state they are allowed to locate a factory.
• First president to file lawsuits against states he swore an oath to protect, i.e. Arizona, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana.
• First president to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
• First president to fire an Inspector General of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
• First president to appoint 45-plus czars to replace elected officials in his office.
• First president to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office.
• First president to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
• First president to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing to earn it – amazing!
• First president to coddle American enemies while alienating American allies.
• First president to go on multiple global apology trips and tours.
• First president to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends, paid for by us tax payers.
• First president to early on in his presidency refuse to wear the U.S. flag pin. Now that he is on the campaign trail, he is never without it!
• First president to have 22 personal staff members at taxpayers’ expense work for his wife.
• First president to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 per year, again at our expense.
• First president to repeat what the Holy Qur’an tells us and openly admit the early morning call of Azan, the Islamic call to worship, is the most beautiful sound on earth.
How can we possibly afford another term under BHO? I suspect we have a fraud, a Muslim sympathizer and narcissist in the highest office in our land. We knew little or nothing about this person a few years ago. Today, we still lack knowledge about who BHO actually is. We do know he is a danger to our constitution, freedoms and way of life as our forefathers intended. Vote him out come November or suffer the consequences.
From Coastal Point, April 27, 2012